Monday, January 22, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine...






Oh! What a strange but yet wonderfully positive movie. I was watching this with Sci too and we were having an argument about who was most normal. Sci declaring that the guy... I'm thinking Dewayne was, but I know that Olive was the most well-adjusted. However, further into the movie we realized that none of them were necessarily "socially acceptable" but yet as a family, they were normal.


This movie is a comedy, and this is exactly what it brings: comedy. Even when touching upon the subject of death, I couldn't help but laugh.


Although the characters were extreme, gritty, and strange; they were real and I believe that was the made the raw humor of the move stand out.


Who was my favorite character? Mine personally was Olive. The single scene that drove me to the edge to like her was when (toward the end of the movie: so if you feel anything at the movie is a spoiler, close your eyes while you read :-P ) Dewayne runs out into the desert crying and Olive comes over with the glasses slid down her nose, looks him in the eye and puts her head on his shoulder. I know not exactly funny, but the fact that is made Dewayne feel better was the humorous part.


Anyway, to My personal rating, I give it 4 out of 5 stars: ****


If you haven't seen this movie, SEE IT!




Signed,

Turtle




No comments: